Friday, January 23, 2009

Keeping it randomized

You show me yours and I’ll write 500+ words about mine.

How you organize you music says a lot more about you. In the past when I still collected albums I once organized my 2000 album library by album art color. From the darkest to the lightest, it made me find some strange juxtapositions I started mixing music in ways I had never done before.

Today my music library is organized into these loose categories that vaguely describe the genre that it holds. I like not having a strangle hold on how every song is organized. That’s my peeve about media player / organizers. Why would you alphabetize a music collection? That’s the least inspired way of coding your music library.

Be inspired organize your whole life by color or smell. Today we have too many reviews about reviews about reviews or organizers that know what’s best for you (as if!) Be bold and create a new way to look at it, whatever it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment